Thursday, November 27, 2008

Its Thanksgiving! There's a lot to be thankful for...

Happy Turkey Day, dear readers.  It's been quite some time since I've blogged and boy have I missed it!  So, today, back blogging again, I'd like to do my top ten list of things that I am thankful for.  I think this is especially pertinent given the level of fear and concern about the economic state in this country...
1.  Unconditional love
2.  Education; an education that taught me to always think "why?"; to question what I see; I'm told; and what I hear from others; to analyze all angles of a situation until I come to a solution
3.  A job that I am passionate about; it's still work and really hard work, but the challenge and continual learning it provides gets me up in the morning
4.  Deer in the backyard; nature all around me and the wonders of it every second
5. Sand between my toes - this is my serenity and my sanity
6. Coupons and the ability to have enough food on the table for all of my friends and family, even when times are tough
7. Family that I actually enjoy spending time with; and friends that I couldn't live without
8. Tolerance
9. A country that has a democratic process that allows for change, significant and dramatic change driven by the people and without violence and unrest
10. Being blonde and all that comes with it
11. Being born with intelligence and raised in an environment that cultivated that at every turn

I hope that each of you take a moment to think about what you are most thankful for - and I encourage you to share that with others - either on this blog or in person!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

    Miss you,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and thoughts! It will be posted shortly. Please remember the BIV policy - all comments must be attributed to someone. Please leave your name or we will be unable to publish your thoughts.

Google