Thursday, January 31, 2008

Can A Bagel Really Cause Death?

Absolutely! If you stick your knife in the toaster while its plugged in. Or so my mother always alleged, instilling the fear of God and electricity in me. As an adult, I'm not so sure I buy it. I think its not as bad as "they" say. Really, I'll bet the most you get is a little shock. I can survive a little shock, but burned fingers from hot bagels or having to move everything on the counter to unplug the toaster every time I want a bagel? Now that is a pain in the ass, I'll take the little shock. Hell, it might even be more effective than caffeine for starting my day! Of course, when I broached this subject with co-workers, the only parent in the group vehemently supported the "theory" that the knife in the toaster could do serious damage. I think it might be a conspiracy among parents. Like they vow to perpetuate the myth upon their initiation into parenthood... Conspiracy or truth? I let you know if it happens because I fully intend to keep doing it - carefully, of course.


Warning: Do not try this at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and thoughts! It will be posted shortly. Please remember the BIV policy - all comments must be attributed to someone. Please leave your name or we will be unable to publish your thoughts.

Google