Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Blondes I-View on: Top Facebook Marketing Hacks

Top 12 Facebook Marketing Hacks

A great article by Nick O'Neill on his allfacebook blog (the unofficial Facebook blog). I especially like it because it summarizes the most popular ways in which marketers can overuse outreach tactics and annoy consumers on Facebook. Some of these 'hacks' include:
  • Switch Your Relationship Status Regularly
  • Wish Everybody a Happy Birthday!
  • Engage in Many Poke Wars
  • Post Comments on Fast Growing Groups
  • Sync Your Twitter With Facebook
I support his theory of "everything in moderation." There is nothing wrong with marketers (I am one) reaching out to you and me (the consumers) on Facebook (where we live) as long as they do so in a respectful manner - don't inundate me with stuff I don't want; give me good content and let me get to it easily. If you hit me too much, I'm just going to unfriend and block you and then hate on your brand. That's why marketers new to the realm of social media often do more harm then good. Those of us who have been in the field for five years or so understand the golden rule - do unto others as you would want done to you...translated: don't spam unless you want to be spammed... and who wants to be spammed?

Thats your social media marketing lesson for the day.

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and thoughts! It will be posted shortly. Please remember the BIV policy - all comments must be attributed to someone. Please leave your name or we will be unable to publish your thoughts.

Google