Thursday, April 10, 2008

Georgetown Cupcake: A Blonde's I-REview REdux

So, just to follow up with you, my dear readers, about my opinions regarding Georgetown Cupcake. Recently, my co-worker, Claudia, after observing my disappointment in GC's red velvet cupcake baked her own version of red velvet mini-cupcakes - which, thankfully restored my faith in cupcakes - especially red velvet ones. Hers were not dry like GC's and had delicious vanilla icing with just the right amount of sweetness - and no tart taste like the one I had from GC. And delivered right to my desk - no waiting in an hour long line!

Apparently, this may have sparked an inside-NMS bake-off because today, James brought in red velvet cupcakes with white icing that were also quite spectacular. Incredibly moist, deliciously delectable, and made at home (2 dozen cupcakes!) for not much more than the cost of just 1 at Georgetown Cupcake.

Hmmm - I love capitalism so I applaud Georgetown Cupcake for getting the high prices they do for lousy cupcakes, but I will stick with the ones made a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and thoughts! It will be posted shortly. Please remember the BIV policy - all comments must be attributed to someone. Please leave your name or we will be unable to publish your thoughts.

Google